Hologic Product/Brand Associate - Temporary in Belgium
Product/Brand Associate - Temporary
Post Date Jan 11, 2019
The primary expectation of the role is to support the work of the senior marketing manager on projects directed at growing the EMEAC Breast Screening & Connectivity franchise business and assist in developing commercial strategies and/or marketing campaigns in close collaboration with EMEAC cross-functional teams and country marketing leads.
Key elements of the role will be to own the existing breast imaging and connectivity product portfolio and with a product focus, help develop and action on market needs to further increase relevance and value of the portfolio. This will include close collaboration with the EMEAC marketing managers (and dealers) as well as marketing executives. The other key element of the role will be to support in execution of all EMEAC new product launch plans for the franchise as well as supporting the implementation of agreed plans and tactics in local markets.
Role Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Own the product portfolio in terms of identifying and act upon opportunities/areas of improvement for supporting the commercial activity in EMEAC markets
• Be the 1st hand cross-functional interface for product related matters such as technical specifications, product features and benefits
• Assist the Senior Marketing Manager with the creation and delivery of new products marketing and integrated communication plans
• Help with the content creation of the marketing collaterals, identifying any news and updates from the Global teams and manage the process of adaptation, review and approval of marketing materials based on the existing operating procedures
• Interact with Hologic teams and dealers to gain insight on market and customer needs
• Support Country Marketers and Hologic Dealers in focus markets, with their day to day portfolio related needs (incl new launches)
• Stay permanently informed about the Breast Screening & Connectivity portfolio, its competitive landscape and proactively recommend improvements and/or course corrective actions where appropriate
• Member of New Product Commercialisation teams when relevant
• Help compiling and distributing financial and statistical information i.e. marketing budget spreadsheets, launch execution follow-up reports
• Organise and keep an updated calendar of activities/priorities/meetings and events
Qualifications and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
The Position Requires:
• A technical professional with international experience preferably in medical device environment or similar (radiology product knowledge is an advantage)
• Be comfortable operating within a fast-paced, multicultural, matrix organisation
• Ability to navigate complexity and be comfortable with ambiguity and change
• Commerical or marketing experience (preferably in an international environment)
• A confident person with a reasonable level of commercial awareness coupled with the drive to learn and develop additional skill sets
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
• Ability to collaborate and influence in a matrix organization
• Creativity and a ‘think-outside-the-box’ mindset
• Demonstrated openness to diverse ideas and encouraging the same in others
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills
• Ability to influence on different levels of the organisation with a strong drive for action
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Great team player, with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
• Can work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Numerical skills are an advantage
Results Orientation and Sense of Urgency
To be successful you will not be satisfied with simply achieving goals, but will seek ways to exceed them. You will have demonstrated that you can take ownership and hold yourself and others accountable for commitments that you deliver despite constraints or unexpected obstacles. In such cases, the ability to drill into detail in order to fix problems and get things done is critical.
You must have an action oriented mind-set and a heightened sense of urgency. Must also possess strong organizational skills and a track record of collaborating cross-functionally in a commercial environment.
Collaboration & Influencing
It is imperative that you are able to build a network of relationships internally both with regional cross-functional teams and country teams as well as externally (e.g. dealers) in order to operate effectively in a matrix structure, particularly with regional sales leads and Dealers. You will seek input from the local markets, but at the same time be a good coach and challenger of his/her peers, not shying away from bringing up uncomfortable issues of importance in order to discuss and resolve them.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 25% travel time