Hologic Sr. Patent Administrator in San Diego, California
Sr. Patent Administrator
Post Date Dec 10, 2018
At Hologic, we’re an innovative medical technology company that enables healthier lives everywhere, every day. We are also a company that prospers and grows, which is why we’ve been able to expand our offerings to empower even more people and champion women’s health
What powers our growth across Breast & Skeletal Health, Diagnostics, GYN Surgical and Medical Aesthetics Solutions is also what differentiates us: the exceptional and clinically proven capacity of our products to detect, diagnose and treat illnesses and other health conditions earlier and better. This clinical superiority creates high expectations, which we fulfill by continually challenging ourselves to improve health through better technology, education and market access.
None of this would be possible without the talent and passion of our employees. Together, our expertise and dedication to developing and sharing more robust, science-based certainty drives our global presence and a promising pipeline that responds to the unmet health and wellness needs of women, families and communities.
While we focus on women’s health and well-being, we are committed to having an even broader benefit on the world. Together, we advocate for better health and wellness through solutions that provide ever greater certainty and peace of mind.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage patent and trademark prosecution dockets
• Organize and file U.S. and PCT applications and responses
• Report newly received invention disclosures and maintain database of invention disclosures
• Administer the patent award program and ensure timely payments to inventors
• Monitor third-party patenting activities and perform competitive intelligence searches
• Support Patent Review Board and maintain filing decision lists
• Coordinate filing activities with U.S. and foreign counsel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
• Working knowledge of USPTO and PCT rules and procedures
• IP docketing experience (familiarity with CPI database a plus)
• Ability to work independently and take the initiative to accomplish objectives in a timely manner
• Demonstrated team player with willingness to collaborate and perform tasks outside of immediate
job description when necessary to benefit the department as a whole.
Bachelor’s degree (biological studies a plus)
Minimum 8 + years of patent prosecution experience, including U.S. and international filings
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and veterans.