Hologic Dx Field Service Engineer - SF Bay Area in Salt Lake City, Utah
Full-time Field Service Engineer (FSE) to be based in, or near, the San Jose, CA area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
· Conducts advanced troubleshooting to repair, test and qualify instruments located at assigned territory sites.
· Provides 24/7 coverage to customers within 24 hours of notification.
· Schedules and manages preventive maintenance and unscheduled visits to instrument sites.
· Determines correct inventory levels of repair parts with supply lines.
· Documents repair/ resolution of customer calls in CRM system and escalates issues to management as needed.
· Works with Product Application Engineers to resolve quality issues and advise of issues and developments.
· Keep management advised of issues and developments.
· Ensure instrumentation is in compliance with regulatory requirements and quality control standards.
Physical Demands (Please check all applicable boxes)
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· ☒ Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
· ☒ Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· ☒ Lifting/moving and carrying products weighing up to 40 pounds.
· ☒ Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
· ☒ Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
· ☐ Safety Shoes with Impact and Compression Protection Must be worn.
· ☒ Exposure to blood.
· ☒ Other (please specify): Travel up to 80% - overnight stays, flights overtime and weekend work required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
· Must be able to meet all customer credentialing requirements
· Working knowledge of chemistry principles and chemical handling techniques.
· Understanding of proper use and operation of electronic testing equipment.
· Knowledge of inventory and procurement systems.
· Ability to interface with internal and/or external customers.
· Solid computer skills.
· Time Management Skills
· Strong robotics, fluidics and pneumatics experience preferred.
· Ability to pass a comprehensive background check.
· Possess a valid Driver’s License and maintain a clean driving record.
· BS/BA degree or equivalent experience preferred.
· AA/AS degree and/or practical Military experience considered.
· 2 - 5 years related field experience with direct customer interaction, preferably in a laboratory setting.
· This person will work out of a home based office
· Position will require 75% plus travel
· There will be on-call duties
· Overnight stays could be 3 to 4 nights a week
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and veterans.