Hologic Accounting Specialist 2 CR in Alajuela, Costa Rica
Accounting Specialist 2 CR
Post Date Sep 27, 2018
· Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with company policy.
· Ability to organize and prioritize workflow.
· Ability to interact with all levels of employees including senior management.
· Strong attention to details.
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to perform mathematical calculations or analysis.
· Ability to adhere/respond to established time frames and schedules.
· Ability to operate a computer and related software.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems; ensures solutions are consistent with company and department objectives.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance related field. (Private Accountant Association Incorporated preferred).
· Adequate combination of educational background and/or experience in Manufacturing Industry (Medical Devices Companies experience is desired)
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar positions
· Accounting experience in a large multi-national organization and Free Zone regulations.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including lookup and pivot tables.
· Computer skills on Microsoft Office with desirable understanding and experience with ORACLE Platform and ESSbase / Hyperion.
· Ability to work with multi-functional teams.
· Strong understanding of intermediate accounting concepts and analytical skills.
· SOX knowledge desirable.
· Experience with policies and SOPs development and implementation.
· Demonstrated experience with reconciliations of Balance Sheet Accounts.
· Desirable demonstrated knowledge and understanding of GMPs, FDA regulations, Quality System Regulations (QSR), ISO 13485 requirements and Quality regulations.
· Advanced English
· Computer tools and knowledge level required:
· Excel Avanzado
· Power Point Intermedio
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
· Update and maintain the standard costs for the Costa Rica site in all platforms required (Oracle, Hyperion, etc)
· Prepares weekly reports for staff meeting on current Manufacturing - Absorption Variances results (COGS and G&A) and the projection for the rest of the month.
· Develops and maintains cycle count activity by providing counting instructions, variance reporting and reconciliation of counting process. Active participation in the physical inventory audits.
· Analyzes inventory accounts to understand material flow and usage, including row material (RM), work in process (WIP) and Finished Goods (FG).
· Performs extensive analysis of inventory transactions and researches root causes of inventory discrepancies or any other problem identify on the process, related with absorption and other variances.
· Recommends and develops strategies related to inventory management.
· Capture and analysis of all the projects submitted by the organization as Value Improvement Projects (VIPs), providing monthly reports on their execution and achievement targets.
· Establishes partnerships with other departments to build inventory accuracy, standard procedures, controls, practices and others.
· Prepares and analyze inventory reconciliations, inventory turns report, and absorption tracking flow chart.
· Participates in month-end close process as necessary: journal entries, analysis of information and variances and preparation of reports as necessary.
· Collects information, prepares and analyzes material’s variances such as MUV, discards, scrap, samples, obsolete, slow movement and Purchase Price Variance (PPV).
· Reconciles weekly to monthly all related inventory accounts– ensure that inventory accounts and reserves for obsolete, slow movement and related inventory reconciliations are completed with any variances investigated and appropriate action taken. Absorption reconciliation is also required in a weekly basis.
· Identifies and implements efficiencies and improvements throughout the entire costing and inventory accounting process.
· Assists with the preparation of monthly variances report.
· Develops and maintains updated the financial procedures and other internal control documents related with the cost accounting area (Inventory controls).
· Supports budgeting and forecasting process as needed.